Editor's note: This post was written by my 10 year daughter Celine, in response to a question left in the comments of this post. The pattern, scaled to the exact size for an 18 inch doll, is available to download and print here.
What you need:
- 10X12 piece of faux fur, your choice of color
- at least 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 leather piece for boot sole
- sewing scissors
- thread, color your choice
- sewing machine (optional)
- hot glue
- Fold fabric along the 12 side side, furry side up.
- Pin pattern onto fabric with the back of the boot along the fold.
- Cut out the boot fabric.
- Sew boot, starting at the star, along seam A until you get to the toe. Sew up B until you get to the notch.
- Inside out the boot so the fur is on the inside.
- At the top, fold over about one inch of fabric. This is the cuff.
- Hand stitch the bottom of the cuff to the boot.
- Trace your doll's feet onto paper.
- Use that as a pattern to cut out the leather boot soles.
- Cut out the leather and use hot glue to apply the leather piece to the bottom of the boot.
PS. If you decide to make these boots please send me a photo when they are done.