Homemaking is what I do. I think the best of homemaking is not complicated but simple in form and function. And beautiful. I hope these posts highlight that philosophy.
- My Afternoons ~ When I Work
- Digital Organizing ~ Ideas & To-do's
- Usually, Not Always
- Finding More Time. For Real.
- My Five Favorite Time Management Strategies
- Resources to Help You Get Organized
- Weekly Blocks ~ A Planning Tool
- Homemaking and Homeschooling
- Making Time for Mama to Sew & Craft
- Making a Family Schedule
- Craft Storage in a Small Space (video)
- Does This Mean We're Minimalists? A Tour of Our Chalet
- Three Kids One Bedroom
- 3 Steps to Less Clutter in the Kids' Rooms (guest post at Small Notebook)
- Getting Rid of the TV Once and For All ~ Creating a Pretty Bedroom
Home Management & Self Care
(they go together for me)
- Grounding Practices
- Forget About Balance
- A Homemaker's Perspective on Getting Outdoors
- Simple Living Myths
In the spring of 2012 I published my first e-book ~ Nurturing Creativity: A Guide for Busy Moms.
Nurturing Creativity is about creating a beautiful life right where you are. It will encourage you to let go of perfection, to start small, and to find creative inspiration in everyday living and homemaking.
To buy or read more click here.
We lived in four different homes during the years of 2011 and 2012. Here's a peek at each of them.
Gardening & Flowers
- The Naked Tomato ~ My Battle with Early Blight
- Small Yard Composting
- Spring Planting the Raised Bed
- Incredible Edible Nasturtiums
- Wild Edibles
- Herbs for Winter Health
- Making a Sore Muscle Salve
- Natural Insect Bite Relief
- Easy Recommendations for the Home Herbalist
- Natural Cold Remedies
- Garlic, the Medicine in Your Kitchen
- Comfrey the Wonder Herb
Decor & Gifts
- Easy Christmas Decorations from the Kitchen
- Vanilla Extract ~ An Easy Handmade Gift
- How to Make an Heirloom Wall Hanging
- Children's Art Smock Wall Hanging
- Green Living Update
- Hand Washing our Dishes ~ Intentional Simplicity
- Titanium Tupperware (How to Recycle Ziploc Bags)
- A Softer & Greener "Time of the Month"
- How our Family of Five Lives (happily) Ever After With no Dryer