I love the history of the pomanders (I'm fascinated with the middle ages right now) and love the scent of the modern-day clove studded oranges that decorate homes during the holidays. The traditional Christmas Pomander was my inspiration for this bar.
Orange Clove Pomander Soap Recipe
Read 4 Steps to Making Homemade Soap for soap making directions.
- 29 oz. olive oil
- 16 oz. palm oil (not palm kernel)
- 14.5 oz. coconut oil
- 12 oz. vegetable shortening
- 10 oz. canola oil
- 5 oz. soybean oil
- 5 oz. castor oil
- 5 oz. cocoa butter
- 13 oz. lye
- 36.5 oz. distilled water
- 3 oz. orange oil
- 1 oz. clove oil
- 1 oz. rosemary oil
- At trace add essential oils. Mix well and divide batch somewhat equally into two pots.
- Working quickly add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder and 2 tsp of ground cloves to one pot. Combine well with stick blender.
- Pour dark layer into mold. Pour light layer on top. Even out evenly or swirl if you wish.
- Lightly press dehydrated lemon and orange slices onto the top.
- Cool, cut and cure.