I love the history of the pomanders (I'm fascinated with the middle ages) and love the scent of the modern day clove studded oranges that decorate homes during the holidays. The traditional Christmas Pomander was my inspiration for this bar.
Orange Clove Pomander Soap Recipe
Read 4 Steps to Making Homemade Soap for soap making directions.
- 29 oz. olive oil
- 16 oz. palm oil (not palm kernel)
- 14.5 oz. coconut oil
- 12 oz. vegetable shortening
- 10 oz. canola oil
- 5 oz. soybean oil
- 5 oz. castor oil
- 5 oz. cocoa butter
- 13 oz. lye
- 36.5 oz. distilled water
- 3 oz. orange oil
- 1 oz. clove oil
- 1 oz. rosemary oil
- At trace add essential oils. Mix well and divide batch somewhat equally into two pots.
- Working quickly add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder and 2 tsp of ground cloves to one pot. Combine well with stick blender.
- Pour dark layer into mold. Pour light layer on top. Even out evenly or swirl if you wish.
- Lightly press dehydrated lemon and orange slices onto the top.
- Cool, cut and cure.