Life 3.0 was a big move that launched us into a new stage of family life. The stage where we grow children into young adults, combine creative vision with livelihood, where we make dreams a reality and live true to our values.
Our dream is to live near the mountains, enjoying daily beauty and adventures in our backyard (and ranging farther as resources allow). Spending our days together as a family, supporting each other in our creative endeavors. We are living that dream right now. Location independent, thanks to the internet, we can work from wherever we live.
These posts highlight key events in our "back story" and have some how-to inspirational ideas for other families who likewise want to pursue their dreams.
The Discovering...me series of posts is where I share the personal growth I've gone through in the past few years, very much related to our family's Life 3.0. These particular posts on writing a mission statement may be helpful for people wanting to re-structure their lives and pursue their dreams. (You gotta' know where you're going.)
- Writing a Personal Mission Statement ~ A Roadmap For the Journey
- Writing a Mission Statement ~ Questions & Themes
- Why Writing a Mission Statement is so Hard
When you give your children an interest-led education you want the same for yourself. Here's how we're trying to make that happen in our lives.
- Making an Uneasy Peace with Process
- Small Space Homeschooling
- Building a Small Space Homeschool Library
- Craft Storage in a Small Space (video)
- Does This Mean We're Minimalists? A Tour of Our Chalet
- We Have a Housing Dream
- Three Kids One Bedroom
Everyday Nitty Gritty
- He Cooks ~ He Shops
- Usually, Not Always (getting organized, or not)
- Grounding Practices
- The New Normal is Flux
- "What If" is a Two Way Street
Moving & Struggles
- How Does a Western Anglophone end up living in Rural Québec
- Did I Mention Our Life is Crazy Sometimes?
- Hello April, Please Be Kind
- There Are No Formulas
- Moving Challenges
- 23 Days
- A Moving Philosophy (ie: downsizing)
- Hello Unschooling & Other Sanity Savers
- Year of The Move: Outsourcing & Compromises
- Year of The Move: Organize & Evaluate
- Moving Forward
Making Dreams Happen
- My Christmas Card for you (be free!)
- In Ten Years
- Am I Living it Right (is the wrong question to ask)
- Dealing with Naysayers & Negativity
- An Iterative Process & Spring Breakthroughs
- The Power of Words and Winter Evenings
- Finding More Time. For Real.
- Skiing ~ To The Mountains We Go - In the comments section of this post I share some of what our family has given up to live where we do. Losses are always a part of the gain.
- Two Years Ago We Discovered The Gaspé
- Living The Dream
- Let's Talk About Fear
- Helping Children Embrace Lifestyle Change
In The Planning Stages
These are posts that were originally published privately during the planning stages of our move. They chronicle the dreams, plans and work leading up to our move.
- We Have a Dream January 2010
- Why The Gaspe Peninsula January 2010
- Rethinking Everything: A Move Towards Integrated Living March 2010
- Waiting & Saving ~ A Moving Report May 2010
- So Starts a Very Busy Year July 2010
- Crazy, Scared, Lonely & Thankful Too August 2010
- All Plans Subject to Change October 2010