Obedience, sacrifice, confession, repentance these are deeply personal spiritual practices, best shared in a trusted community. Unfortunately these practices and postures of the heart can become yokes that people are pressured into bearing. But condemnation, fear of failure, inadequacy is not how the Spirit moves us into spiritual discipline.
Go with the flow is another way of say "chill out and relax mama". I have to say this often to myself and these are the posts that remind me to live in the season with my kids for these few short years we all share together.
Going with the flow usually means setting aside my plans and letting the learning happen in the living. Don't be scared, be free!
- What fall teaches me - The ephemeral bright beauty of fall reminds me to live in the moment and not put off those needful things.
- Dropping it all - Childhood is fleeting; don't be afraid to drop your plans to enjoy it.
- The New Normal is Flux - Flux: the action or process of flowing, continuous change.
- Hello Unschooling and Other Sanity Savers - My most important priority is a home life that is joyful, loving, and nourishing even during an intense season of life.
- Welcome February ~ Time to mix it Up - Right around now is the time of winter when our days at home together seem more claustrophobic than cozy.
- Five free activities for rainy summer days - Ideas for spending long wet day indoors (or not) with children.
- A Spring Learning List - As the weather warms our learning moves outdoors.
- Fun and Games - Late fall is a time for games and indoor play.
- Doubts and Reassurances - I am reassured that as long as my kids are asking questions and want to keep reading we're doing ok.