Obedience, sacrifice, confession, repentance these are deeply personal spiritual practices, best shared in a trusted community. Unfortunately these practices and postures of the heart can become yokes that people are pressured into bearing. But condemnation, fear of failure, inadequacy is not how the Spirit moves us into spiritual discipline.
physical, mental, emotional, spiritual well-being
- Treating my anxiety like an injury or illness - We have unique injuries and illnesses that we hope to heal, this is one part of our "common core", our shared humanity.
- A personal experience with anxiety and positive solutions - A comprehensive post in which I share my experience of identifying and dealing with anxiety in my life.
- Showing up and Better Than Before, a short book review - In a lot of areas of my life, I'm noticing it's more helpful to focus on showing up vs. doing something right or good or even making progress.
- Personal Care & Seasonal Shifts - As an adult, I am responsible to make sure my needs are met by meeting those I'm able to meet and expressing where I need help.
- A phototherapy light - A short review of the Verilux phototherapy lamp I use for winter wellness.
- Hibernate - Each year I have added more tools into my toolkit to support my winter health, joy, and wellbeing; hibernate is a part of that.
- Simple Beauty Minerals: A Mother/Daughter makeup review - A review of Simple Beauty Minerals makeup.
- Middle March: rewriting the script - This winter proved to me that "I struggle through winter" does not need to be the only reality or option for me moving forward.
- My sweet spot - My sweet spots are my secret motivation to daily exercise.
- Support your wellbeing and creative self - Resources to support my your journey to health and happiness.
- Excellent Warm Drinks for Winter Wellness - One of the simplest tools I use to help ground, cleanse, and restore me is sipping on nourishing hot beverages each day of these winter months.
- The best way to love winter is to live it - The daily exercise outdoors is a non-negotiable part of my winter wellness plan.
- (the ultimate) Healthy Homemaker Series ~ the heart of the matter - Home is where love is nurtured and that's why homemaking and health are the perfect fit.
- (the ultimate) Healthy Homemaker Series ~ mental and personal wellbeing - It's in everyone's best interests for me to take fabulous care of my wellbeing.
- It's so much more than just "that time of the month" - Tuning into what my hormones are communicating to me.
- Lonely? - How I've become less lonely in the past couple years, in spite of being more physically isolated.
- A softer & greener "time of the month" - A greener option to the usual disposable pads and tampons.