Obedience, sacrifice, confession, repentance these are deeply personal spiritual practices, best shared in a trusted community. Unfortunately these practices and postures of the heart can become yokes that people are pressured into bearing. But condemnation, fear of failure, inadequacy is not how the Spirit moves us into spiritual discipline.
My herbal knowledge is limited mostly to herbs for skin care, in support of my soapmaking and the natural skin care products I craft. My personal study has ventured a little into internally administered herbal medicine and I practice, from time to time, my knowledge on my "test subjects" (aka: my children).
I am slowly building a stash of high grade essential oils to augment and sometimes replace my previous use of herbal remedies.
- (the ultimate) Healthy Homemaker Series ~ herbs and essential oils - I am slowly building a stash of high grade essential oils that are augmenting and replacing my previous use of herbal remedies.
- Herbal Summer Skincare - A compilation post of herbal tutorials from my blog and other resources for summer skincare
- Herb Fairies - An herbal curriculum for children.
- Spa Day - An at home spa day with my girls.
- Pepper & Spice Muscle Rub Recipe Inspiration - After a day of hiking, gardening, or just plain old physical labor this rub is a welcome relief to sore muscles and tired feet.
- Heal-All Skin Salve - A healing skin ointment inspired by a salve I bought years ago.
- Herbal Insect Bite Relief - A poultice to relieve itchy insect bites.
- How to make an herbal salve - Three step instructions to prepare any kind of salve.
- Calendula, Salves and an Easy Soap Recipe - A bit of everything: why I love calendula, salve making and a soap recipe.
- How to make an easy comfrey poultice - I recommend comfrey as one of the first things to grow in your yard, especially if you have little kids who can be prone to injuries.