Obedience, sacrifice, confession, repentance these are deeply personal spiritual practices, best shared in a trusted community. Unfortunately these practices and postures of the heart can become yokes that people are pressured into bearing. But condemnation, fear of failure, inadequacy is not how the Spirit moves us into spiritual discipline.
Homeschooling through high school presents unique challenges, like any stage along the homeschool journey. But this is also the stage where some sweet stuff happens and slowly the threads of the tapestry you've been weaving of your child's homeschool experience in the context of your family life, come together in beautiful and often unexpected ways. I wouldn't want to miss these years for anything.
- A homeschooling high school math & science story - Can students succeed at high school level science with delayed math education and without elementary and junior high science courses?
- Letting them grow up into who they are meant to be - An apprenticeship with my dad is partly about learning practical skills but it is about building relationship.
- A goal-driven curriculum - We are here to help, to remove what roadblocks we can, and assist her in moving past and through others, but the work is hers.
- Project-Based Learning & Interview Assessments - Why quitting projects is not the end of the world and how I learned to interview my children through our experience managing a large-scale student-directed project.
- Where are all the homeschooled high schoolers? - Why it's hard to find stories and experiences about interest-led teens on the web and what I'm hoping to do about that in this homeschooling through high school series.
- Transition to Scholar with Project-Based Learning ~ Hello High School - Our objective is that our young adult children will take responsibility for their education in their scholar years.