Obedience, sacrifice, confession, repentance these are deeply personal spiritual practices, best shared in a trusted community. Unfortunately these practices and postures of the heart can become yokes that people are pressured into bearing. But condemnation, fear of failure, inadequacy is not how the Spirit moves us into spiritual discipline.
Humans don't operate in a vacuum of perfection. Plans will go awry, especially for us humans who are raising other humans. That's you mama.
But that doesn't mean we shouldn't organize and plan, it just means we need strategies that work for us, not against us. It's important to find a system that works for you and then be willing to tweak and change through each season.
- A homeschool and family life schedule with three teenagers - Our life schedule in a season of homeschool co-op, skiing, and socially active teenagers.
- The Three R's of Homeschool Organization - Resources, Routine and Record Keeping - I spill the beans on how I organize it all in our homeschool.
- Afternoon School ~ A spring schedule - I introduced a change last month that I've never tried before - afternoon homeschooling.
- A Winter Schedule for Life & Learning - I love the direction and discipline a schedule provides to actually implement ideas - homeschooling, earning an income, healthy eating, exercise, outdoors, reading, play, projects, etc. - they all have a place in our days and on the schedule.
- Your values are more important than your schedule - Schedules are built on values, and when your schedule fails you, your values still remain intact and provide solid footing.
- Breathe In ~ Breathe Out - Outward activities alternated with inward activities for peace of mind and peace of home.
- Craft Storage in a Small Space - A video tour of how we organize crafts for small space living. VIDEO.
- My Five Favorite Time Management Strategies - Organizing strategies I've used, and tweaked, through many different life stages with homemaking and homeschooling.
- Resources to Help You Get Organized - Need some help organizing your days and your home? Check out these resources.
- The Best Homeschooling Resource Ever (or) Homeschooling on a Budget - Our late elementary homeschool budget.
- Wednesday's Journal ~ Day in Our Life - What a real day looks like at our house, unvarnished and a little crazy.
- A homeschool portfolio review - How I record our learning and report the state.
- Defining Priorities to Make a Family Schedule - The guiding principles I use when planning our family's weekly schedule.