Obedience, sacrifice, confession, repentance these are deeply personal spiritual practices, best shared in a trusted community. Unfortunately these practices and postures of the heart can become yokes that people are pressured into bearing. But condemnation, fear of failure, inadequacy is not how the Spirit moves us into spiritual discipline.
For many years we had a vegan kitchen, about fourteen years. My kids were raised on a mostly plant-based diet - all plants at home, other options available out of the house.
Recently we've added limited meat, dairy and eggs (mostly organic, though not always) to our household diet for the very practical reason that I am plumb-tired of cooking. And for me, keeping up a vegan kitchen, with three almost always hungry teenagers, just wasn't going to happen.
My creative cooking energies are drained, I'd rather spend my time elsewhere, and although we still eat lots of plants, we also eat animal products and more processed foods (granola bars, crackers, etc.) more regularly than we used to (like when most of these posts were written).
My pinterest boards have a lot of recipe links, vegan and non-vegan.
- Excellent Warm Drinks for Winter Wellness - One of the simplest tools I use to help ground, cleanse, and restore me is sipping on nourishing hot beverages each day of these winter months.
- Whisked Winter Cocoa - Our favorite, sugar-free, whole-food hot cocoa recipe.
- Blender Pancakes - Updating my old gluten-free pancake recipe with a better tasting pancake.
- Red Melon Slushies & Strawberry Ice Cream - Two great summer recipes, both naturally sweet and delicious.
- Best Falafel Salad Ever (or my favorite to date) - What makes this falafel recipe different than other recipes I’ve tried is that the beans aren’t cooked.
- Roasted Tomato Soup - Late summer is tomato season and it's the perfect time to be making roasted tomato soup.
- My No-Nonsense Strategy for Picky Eaters
- Whole Food Vegan Pesto - We've been eating fresh garden basil here for the past couple weeks and this recipe is one of our favorites.
- Peanut Sauce Noodles - The combination of sweet and salty, the creamy peanut butter, the crunchy cabbage, and flavorful garlic make this recipe a hit every time we prepare it.
- Natural Cold Remedies - A few of my favorite winter cold remedies.
- Vanilla Extract ~ An easy handmade gift - I make our own vanilla extract; it also makes an easy holiday gift.
- Baked Beans - Our favorite baked beans, usually eaten for Saturday night suppah.
- Gluten Free Pancakes - Three-in-one recipe: gluten-free baking mix, corn-free baking powder and a pancake recipe!