Obedience, sacrifice, confession, repentance these are deeply personal spiritual practices, best shared in a trusted community. Unfortunately these practices and postures of the heart can become yokes that people are pressured into bearing. But condemnation, fear of failure, inadequacy is not how the Spirit moves us into spiritual discipline.
As an educator, I believe creativity is an important part of learning. As a human being and a mother, I believe creativity is simply a part of joyful and wholehearted living.
We create because it brings us joy. We make useful things, and some not so useful things, and we learn important skills. We make time for creativity in our homeschool curriculum because it is one of our family's core values.
- A digital tool for a growing artist - Our review of the Wacom Intuos Pro Pen and Touch Small Tablet.
- How to Make Art Together - Ideas, encouragement, and a great resource to help you make art together.
- Imagination, Creativity & Dress-Up Live Here (still) - We all know the importance of play for young children, as children get older their play changes but they still play.
- American Girl Dolls, A Making Season & More - A round up from the archives of useful sewing and crafty posts (for dolls & more).
- A little bit of drawing - Nature or nurture? I'm not exactly sure but I think it's a bit of both.
- She takes a camera to town - We honor, celebrate, encourage, and educate our kids according to their unique person.
- Doll Making ~ Your Questions Answered - Celine and I collaborate to answer your doll making questions.
- Raising Kids that Craft (or not) - We make time for creativity in our homeschool curriculum because it is one of our family's core values.
- Supplies to Stock the Craft Cupboard - One of the ways we've encouraged creativity in our home is by stocking supplies.
- The Gallery ~ Saving Children's Creative Projects - What do we do with all this art?
- Miniatures ~ Dollhouse & Resources - Resources for making your own miniatures and dollhouses.
- Miniatures ~ Handmade Toys - Miniatures are the handmade toys that our kiddos come back to again and again.
- Supplies for Creativity ~ Paper Crafts - Answering the question: what kind of art supplies, tools, materials, etc. do you consider a must-have in the home?
- Creativity in our Homeschool ~ A Little Background - I can give myself the same grace, freedom, enthusiasm, and encouragement I give to my children and their creative ventures.
- A Victorian Dollhouse tour - Ten year old Celine photographing and writing about her Victorian Dollhouse.
- How to make boots for your American Girl Doll (or other 18 inch dolls) - Step by step instructions and a printable pattern for making fur doll boots (by 10 year old Celine)
- New Art Supplies and Drawing with Children - The most recent additions to our homeschool art supplies, which we are building up slowly bit by bit.
- String Games - A 5 foot loop of string and a few books for a day's worth of fun.